Monday, August 07, 2006

Paper Dress Princess

Konnichiwa! Hohoho, since i have recently discovered that i can now easily post pictures in my entries, i will try to post pictures of random stuff i take more often. (That will also entice me to take pictures of more stuff)
So.... the picture on the left is of my current project in the drawing class i'm taking. The assignment was to make a garment/accessory/ wearable object out of unconventional materials. The first thing i thought of was *project runway* because i had just recently finished watching the 2nd season. hohoh. So obviously i chose a dress (actually i was thinking of purse or shoe, too) but i chose a dress, and the material was paper. If i had time and money i would have made a pretty hat or purse out of rose petals, or a pair of fancy shoes out of wax. The latter would have been my next choice i believe. But yeah so the dress turned out like that. I guess i'm pretty proud of it. It should be wearable, just that i need a supah skinny model since i cinched the dressform to practically the smallest size it would go, and then i tapered the waist of the dress even smaller. E-hehehe. So yeah i guess it turned out okay, i'm unsure right now whether or not its completely finished. I wanted 2 change the color of the obi to something different cuz my instructor said it was kind of too eye catching. If i have time i'll do that.
Oh, so Kat's b-day is coming up. I got the invite again. I like going because i get to see some old friends from high school. It's like a mini reunion each year. Hohoho. I still have to get a present though. Dwear mne, i still am on the short stack of moo-lah. *sob sob* why oh why budgetting WHY!!!! Sooo yeah. I might go to WEM 2morrow. But its almost midnight so i should be going to bread. My eye hurts like a bee-yatch. Why? Because our showerhead sucks and the little rubber ring attatchment thingy keeps on slipping off so this high powered jet stream shoots out if you move it the wrong way. I was trying 2 fix it in the shower and when i moved the band it angled the water to shoot straight into my open eye. Hurt like a punch in the teeth.

No comments: